Local News
Community news from our local sources
Where do you want your news from?
Pick a place — we'll remember it on this device.

Jack Smith defends criminal investigations of Trump
During Senate hearing, Jack Smith defends criminal investigations of Trump

News Wrap: Supreme Court allows third-country deportations
News Wrap: Supreme Court allows Trump's deportations to third countries, for now

Sights of K-State Baseball vs Mississauga Tigers
Michigan Libertarian party washes its hands of its gubernatorial nominee
Earlier this month, party leadership voted to censure Anthony Hudson. Now the party says it’s disavowing his campaign and disassociating “from any affiliation, support, or political connection."

Affordability top priority if Dems take House, Jeffries says
Affordability and accountability top priorities if Democrats take House, Jeffries says

Poland braces for potential confrontation with Russia
Poland braces for potential confrontation as Russia tests NATO defenses

Self-regulation 'not enough' for AI safety, Gary Marcus says
Self-regulation 'not enough' for AI safety, Gary Marcus says
A very Chinese time in our lives | Con-Current Events
After sitting down and chatting a little with the other guests at the table, Chinese President Xi Jinping was treated to a musical performance by the United States Army Chorus before his incoming meal of baby bok choy and roasted eggplant — pretty standard formalities for a…

Brookings ranks low in water quality
A recent national ranking placed Brookings 45th out of 50 college towns for water quality, but local water officials say the ranking does not tell the full story about the...

Central Florida’s First Inter-School Band Championship Comes To Clermont This Sunday. Twelve Student Bands From Five Music Schools Compete At The Clermont Performing Arts Center on October 4
About sixty young musicians from five Central Florida music schools will take the stage this Sunday, October 4, at the Clermont Performing Arts Center for World of Bands Florida, the region’s first inter-school band championship. Twelve student bands from The World of Music…

Alcohol x Wellness Darty: We have to do it all?
I remember being in the airport with my mom when she asked me if I had ever drunk alcohol before. I was in my sophomore year of high school, and I hadn’t. She asked if I had any interest, and I said I didn’t, which was the truth. She pressed me a little harder, not […]
Club culture and humiliation: An inextricable pair
This school breeds insanity. Let’s admit it. We are all victims of this mass psychosis in one way or another — we have to be. It’s how we got here in the first place. The University of Michigan, home of the Leaders and the Best, is rife with enthusiasm, drive and the need to be…