Local News in Sedgwick County

Community news from our local sources

Sedgwick County

Sedgwick County 5 storiesWiden to Greater Wichita

The Sunflower Published September 29

Artsy Fartsy: A conversation with Cooper Pack

Senior | English education major Q: What’s your favorite type of music to play? A: That’s tough. That’s so tough. For the longest time here in college, I played pep band music. There’s a sort of joy that always comes with that. But then, when I went into the concert band, the…

The Sunflower Published September 29

REVIEW: “No Choice But Action: The Kansas Postpunk Revolution,” an in-depth retelling of a bygone era

A newly released book written by two Wichita State English professors delves into an underexplored movement in Kansas history — punk (or rather, postpunk). “No Choice But Action: The Kansas Postpunk Revolution” is a 10-year-long project by Francis Connor and Darren DeFrain. And…

The Sunflower Published September 28

HALO unites campus and community at Nuestra Cultura

The Sunflower Published September 22

Artsy Fartsy: A conversation with Kailer Megrail

Q: What path do you hope to pursue after college? A: After college, I think I would want to go the teaching route just because it’s so stable in this industry in general, but of course that also leaves you open to be able to do shows in town that are paid… It gives you...

City of Wichita Published September 02

2027 Art Activation Grant Opportunity Open

Applications for the City of Wichita’s Division of Arts and Cultural Services 2027 Activation Grants are open

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙