Local News in Sedgwick County

Community news from our local sources

Sedgwick County

Sedgwick County 6 storiesWiden to Greater Wichita

The Sunflower Published October 02

REVIEW: The Cheesecake Factory brings the thrill of excess to Wichita

When I die, bury me at The Cheesecake Factory. America’s imperial palace of gourmet gluttony — The Cheesecake Factory —opened its first location in Wichita earlier this week. Despite lines stretching out of the door every day since its opening, I managed to snag a table at this…

City of Derby Published October 02

Derby Permit and New Business Report: October 2, 2026

During the week of Sept. 28-Oct. 2, 2026, the following permits and new business registrations were issued by the City of Derby.

City of Wichita Published September 30

Golf Wichita is Going Cashless

Golf Wichita is Going Cashless Beginning January 2, 2027

City of Derby Published September 25

Derby Permit and New Business Report: Sept. 25, 2026

During the week of Sept. 21-25, 2026, the following permits and new business registrations were issued by the City of Derby.

The Sunflower Published September 24

REVIEW: Sazon provides decent food, for an equally decent price

Let me just preface this review by saying that I have very little experience with Mexican food. Horrible, I know. But I also think that my lack of familiarity allowed me to go into the experience at Sazon with more of an open mind. I figured that even if I didn’t enjoy it, I…

City of Derby Published September 18

Derby Permit and New Business Report: Sept. 18, 2026

During the week of Sept. 14-18, 2026, the following permits were issued by the City of Derby.

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙