News in Vancouver

POLL: In your view, how should Vancouver’s Transportation System Plan prioritize different modes of transportation?
Vancouver's Transportation System Plan and a legal dispute with Save Vancouver Streets are driving debate over how the city balances cars, transit, cycling, and walking.

Is the city of Vancouver pushing an anti-car agenda?
Save Vancouver Streets gathered 6,500+ signatures seeking a voter vote on lane removals, but the city took no action on the initiative.

VIDEO: Unfunded and over budget – The $15 billion gamble on I-5 bridge project
Phase one of the I-5 bridge project lacks $1.4 billion in funding, yet both states say they must proceed to avoid losing federal dollars.

Opinion: I-5 transportation infrastructure across the Columbia River
Transportation architect Kevin Peterson argues that achieving a 20% Columbia River transit mode share via LRT would require $25 to $45 billion or more over roughly five decades.

Save Vancouver Streets argues its case before state court of appeals
SVS attorney Jackson Maynard argued before three appellate judges in Tacoma, with a ruling expected in four to six months.

Goodbye, bumpy ride on I-5 in Vancouver
Three coordinated WSDOT projects will improve more than 6 miles of I-5 in Clark County, backed by a $25 million investment.