Local News in Fillmore County

Community news from our local sources

Fillmore County

Fillmore County 3 storiesWiden to Greater Rochester, MN

Fillmore County Journal Published September 28

Meet the Candidates Pt. 2

Candidates represented in this feature each paid $50 to participate. Ron Reisner Candidate for Mayor of Fountain 1. Tell us about yourself. My name is Ronald R. Reisner, my wife Mary and our three children Tina, Jeremy, and Nella moved to Fountain May 1, 1989. I retired in June…

Fillmore County Journal Published September 28

Fillmore County Approves 6.5% Levy Increase

At the September 22 meeting of the county board, County Administrator Bobbie Hillery presented three 2027 preliminary levy options. The options ranged from an increase of 8.47% down to an increase of 7%. She has been working with department heads to find savings. Commissioner…

Fillmore County Journal Published September 21

2026 Candidates Part 1

Cherie Johnson Candidate for State Senate District 26 1. Tell us about yourself. My name is Cherie (“shuh-REE”) Johnson, and I am passionate about creating a better future in Minnesota. I am a proud wife, mother, teacher, and Christian. My husband Ben and I have raised our seven…

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙