Local News in Lake County

Community news from our local sources

Lake County

Lake County 6 storiesWiden to Greater Chicago

WIMS Radio 1420 AM / 95.1 FM / 106.7 FM Published September 19

I-65 will have lane and ramp closures between U.S. 30 and U.S. 231 next week

LAKE COUNTY, Ind. - The Indiana Department of Transportation announces lane and ramp closures on I-65 between U.S. 30 and U.S. 231. Rieth-Riley Construction Co Inc will close the right lane of northbound I-65 near U.S. 30 and the ramp from westbound U.S. 30 to northbound I-65 for…

WIMS Radio 1420 AM / 95.1 FM / 106.7 FM Published September 15

Overnight lane and ramp closures on I-80/94 later this week

LAKE COUNTY, Ind. – Overnight lane and ramp closures are scheduled late this week on I-80/94 between Kennedy Avenue and the I-65 interchange. Crews will remove overhead signage as part of ongoing fiber optic upgrades to support new digital gantries along the corridor. Drivers can…

WIMS Radio 1420 AM / 95.1 FM / 106.7 FM Published September 14

I-65 lane and ramp closures between U.S. 30 and U.S. 231

In Lake County, there are lane and ramp closures on I-65 between U.S. 30 and U.S. 231. A contractor has closed the right lane of northbound I-65 near U.S. 30 and the ramp from westbound U.S. 30 to northbound I-65 through approximately Friday for road repairs. The ramp detour is…

City of Crown Point Published September 02

2026 Road Work

This is a current list of road projects/closures in the City of Crown Point corporate limits.

City of Crown Point Published August 31

Wheeler Middle School • Downtown Interceptor Project

Wheeler Middle School families should be aware of an upcoming traffic change related to a large-scale sewer interceptor project taking place along Harrington Avenue.

City of Crown Point Published August 28

Erie Lackawanna Trail Closed

As our Downtown Interceptor project progresses, the work area has shifted to the Erie Lackawanna Trail.

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙