Local News in Cobb County

Community news from our local sources

Cobb County

Cobb County 10 storiesWiden to Greater Atlanta

Cobb County Courier Published September 27

Four westbound I-285 lanes closed at Powers Ferry Road through Monday morning

Four left lanes of westbound I-285 at Powers Ferry Road/Northside Drive (Exit 22) are scheduled to remain closed until 5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 28, for bridge maintenance, according to the...

Cobb County Courier Published September 25

Cobb BOC approves micro-transit plan

By Mark Woolsey Microtransit is expanding into more territory in Cobb County. The Board of Commissioners Tuesday approved a batch of contracts that will extend the existing Southside on-demand bus...

Cobb County Courier Published September 23

Latest Cobb County Road and Lane Closures as of Wednesday Sep. 23

Cobb County road closures September 23, 2026 The following road and lane closures are currently active and listed on the Cobb County DOT website. To expand the map for a...

Cobb County Courier Published September 18

Marble Mill Road Railroad Crossing in Marietta to Close Sept. 21–25

The City of Marietta posted the following notice about an upcoming CSX railroad crossing closure: CSX has notified the City that the Marble Mill Road railroad crossing will be temporarily...

Cobb County Courier Published September 18

Whitlock Avenue Resurfacing Begins Sept. 21 in Marietta

The City of Marietta announced on its website that the Georgia Department of Transportation will begin a resurfacing project on Whitlock Avenue on Monday, Sep. 21. Work will begin at...

Cobb County Courier Published September 17

Traffic and Transportation in Cobb: A quiz

We’ve run several quizzes about roads and transportation in Cobb County. This one focuses on the history of transportation in the county. How much do you know about that history? ...

Cobb County Courier Published September 16

Latest Cobb County Road and Lane Closures as of Sep. 16

Cobb County road closures September 16, 2026 The following road and lane closures are currently active and listed on the Cobb County DOT website. To expand the map for a...

Cobb County Courier Published September 12

Latest schedule of lane closures for the ongoing $1.2 billion I-285 and I-20 West Interchange project in Cobb and Fulton

The Georgia Department of Transportation released the following updated schedule of lane closures for I-285 and I-20 for the estimated $1.2 billion I-285/I-20 West Interchange project. The primary impacts of...

Cobb County Courier Published September 12

Cobb gasoline prices top $4 overnight as Middle East regional war expands

By Larry Felton Johnson According to the AAA fuel prices page, the average price of a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline in Georgia edged past $4 overnight. Cobb County prices...

Cobb County Courier Published September 10

Cobb County Road and Lane Closures to Know This Week (Sep. 10)

Cobb County road closures September 10, 2026 The following road and lane closures are currently active and listed on the Cobb County DOT website. To expand the map for a...

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙