Florida Citrus County Greater Homosassa Springs

Lecanto

News across Citrus County

The Citrus Insider Published September 28

5 Minutes Each?

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Fall is certainly getting close. A couple of days below 75 degrees is a nice change from the constant 90+ degree weather. I certainly enjoy running in cooler weather... so hopefully it sticks around a bit. Today, we are going to talk about

The Citrus Insider Published September 24

Personal Phones, Public Business

What a crazy week it has been and we still have the rest of today and tomorrow to go. Monday BOCC votes to not move the ordinance forward that would have potentially avoided a Pine Ridge golf course issue with Betz Farm. Tuesday we talked the data leak of personal

The Citrus Insider Published September 23

Rail Road-ed

Well... yesterday was interesting. Not going to mention too much about it... but let's just say... I ruffled some feathers with the article and posts about the records that were not protected. The sentiment from some online was to attack the messenger and not that processes that…

The Citrus Insider Published September 15

Rhetorical questions!

There has been an interesting trend recently... I am starting to get challenged on how I do things around here. It is not unexpected because I am beginning to shake trees that have never been shaken. We all know that there is a "circle of influence" as I

The Citrus Insider Published September 02

To appeal or not appeal...

Today is the special meeting to discuss the Pine Ridge case and for the board to decide if they want to appeal the decision made by the court. This will be an interesting discussion for sure. This will also be an important one. Next week Citrus Hills is coming to

The Citrus Insider Published September 01

Sandmine's Hidden Roadblock

It is Tuesday, so that means the agenda comes out for the next BOCC meeting next week. This should come around 5pm today and will give us the first look at what is coming to the next BOCC meeting. Today, we are going back to the Lecanto Sand mine site.

City of Inverness News Published August 28

Labor Day Holiday Sanitation Schedule

The Employees of Waste Management will be observing the Labor Day holiday. There will be no collection service on this day. Since no service is provided on the holiday, Monday and Tuesday collection schedules for the week will be delayed one day.

The Citrus Insider Published August 28

Wheels in Motion

Wow.. It seems like yesterday's post about becoming a charter county is pretty popular. The Facebook page has over 200 comments as of this morning. I think I only saw one or two comments that were outright against the idea. So it seems like it is a pretty

The Citrus Insider Published August 21

Lighting Tax Dollars on Fire

Happy Friday! Election week has come and gone and we have two new commissioners, a new school board member and a new judge. Social media has made this cycle interesting to say the least. We will talk more about that later. Today, we are back to county government. Tuesday is

The Citrus Insider Published August 15

Decision NOT based on Law

Here is a special Saturday edition. We are going to talk about the Pine Ridge Ruling that just came down. If you want to read it in full, check out yesterday's post. I have posted the full decision on that page. This is a full smack down of

The Citrus Insider Published August 12

Got a Win!

Man.. what a day! You had heard me talk up the sand mine quite a bit the last few days. There was a reason for that. I was asked to help do the presentation by the intervenor. We wanted to keep that a secret until the meeting took place so

The Citrus Insider Published August 04

In my opinion...

Happy Tuesday.. or what I think is Tuesday. The thing about traveling is that you lose track of what day it is... especially when you go to bed after midnight and wake up around 5/6am each day for a week... then walk around cities all day in the hot

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙