West Virginia Kanawha County Greater Charleston, WV

Elkview

News across Greater Charleston, WV

The Clay County Free Press Published September 22

2025-C-000099 0924 1001 1008

2025-C-000099 0924 1001 1008

The Clay County Free Press Published September 22

Statement of Ownership 0924

Statement of Ownership 0924

The Clay County Free Press Published September 22

2025-C-000043 0924 1001 1008

2025-C-000043 0924 1001 1008

The Clay County Free Press Published September 22

2025-C-000042 0924 1001 1008

2025-C-000042 0924 1001 1008

The Clay County Free Press Published September 22

ePress | September 24, 2026

Thank You For Supporting Local Journalism! Click Here To Download PDF

The Clay County Free Press Published September 22

Home Country

Slim Randles In a few days, all those rhymers who lived in Tin Pan Alley back when Gertie was a pup will be fulfilled once again. How’s that, you say? Was a love song ever written that didn’t have moon and in it? And the full moon will be here in a couple of days […]

The Clay County Free Press Published September 22

Angels

Angels Joe Mazzella A person once wrote me an e-mail and asked me if I believed in angels. I wrote her back and said: “Absolutely! Without angels I would have never survived my childhood.” I can still remember the time I fell out of a tree I was climbing and somehow landed on a…

The Parsons Advocate Published September 22

This Week in West Virginia History

Charleston, W.Va. – The following events happened on these dates in West Virginia history. To read more, go to e-WV: The West Virginia Encyclopedia at www.wvencyclopedia.org. Sept. 23, 1923: Folk artist Herman Hayes was born in Elkview, Kanawha County. His woodcarvings were…

Kanawha County Published September 08

Kanawha County NCRS EWP Recovery Buyout Application

Kanawha County Published September 01

RFP for Audit Services

Kanawha County Published September 01

Bid Specs for Custodial Supplies

Kanawha County Published July 23

Valley North Project Information

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙