Washington Clark County Greater Portland

Orchards

News across Greater Portland

Portland Mercury Published 14 hours ago

I’m Sick of Waiting for the Government

[Got an anonymous confession or rant you just have to share with the world? Submit it to I, Anonymous HERE!—eds] This economy sucks, and elected officials seem too busy (privatizing public institutions, giving free money to those who already have plenty, or pocketing taxpayer…

Portland Mercury Published 14 hours ago

You’re So Pedestrian, Portland

[Got an anonymous confession or rant you just have to share with the world? Submit it to I, Anonymous HERE!—eds] Here a bush, there a bush, everywhere your damn overgrown bushes! We all know you love to garden, and we’re all “impressed” with the 10,000 different species of…

Portland Mercury Published 14 hours ago

Fall Colors

[Got an anonymous confession or rant you just have to share with the world? Submit it to I, Anonymous HERE!—eds] The leaves are popping now. So much variety in colors and shapes is soothing and uplifting. Shame they fall to the ground and then get smushed and mixed with roadway…

Portland Mercury Published 14 hours ago

We Deserve to Live Here Too

[Got an anonymous confession or rant you just have to share with the world? Submit it to I, Anonymous HERE!—eds] Did the impossible- bought a home in Portland. The 900 square feet I’ve been able to claim. If it was dark enough, I even have enough yard to squat behind my home and…

Portland Mercury Published 14 hours ago

Portland Renters: Organize!

[Got an anonymous confession or rant you just have to share with the world? Submit it to I, Anonymous HERE!—eds] Wondering why your utilities are so high? Aside from the usual increases, most property management companies are poorly managed baby-sitters that don’t actually…

Portland Mercury Published October 02

The Portland Thorns Are Chasing the Playoffs — and Consistency

There is a lot about soccer that makes it different from any other sport, but one thing that always stands out is that some of the biggest moments are in response to potential. Scoring a goal will always get the strongest celebration, but fans spend a lot of those 90-plus minutes…

Portland Mercury Published October 02

Good Morning, News: Governors’ Debate, “Weaponized Charges of Antisemitism” in Portland, Blazers Announcer Works a Fraction of a Scaramucci, and France in Flames

If you appreciate the Mercury‘s interesting and useful news & culture reporting, consider making a small monthly contribution to support our editorial team. Your donation is tax-deductible. You can also subscribe and have our papers delivered! Good morning, Portland! It’s looking…

West Hawaii Today Published October 02

The homeless community that became a self-governed village

One evening a few months ago, the awkward details of a love triangle spilled out in a humble plywood structure next door to a municipal composting facility in Portland, Oregon.

City of Vancouver Published October 01

City Manager update: October 2026

Street Roots Published September 30

In defense of a little Halloween nostalgia

When something scares me, my eyes start to water. This is a known and observed phenomenon. Someone tells me a spooky story, and immediately, my eyes are watering. And it’s a fun thing, to be a little scared. I believe in getting spooked. The first time I remember this happening…

Portland Mercury Published September 30

Good Morning, News: Portland Candidate Forum in Disarray, Update on K9 Shooting, and Corrupt Justice Alito Did Something Surprising

The Mercury provides news and fun every single day—but your help is essential. If you believe Portland benefits from smart, local journalism and arts coverage, please consider making a small monthly contribution, because without you, there is no us. Thanks for your support! Good…

Portland Mercury Published September 29

SAVAGE LOVE: Group Dynamics

I’m a 37-year-old (mostly) straight man who has been in and out of a series of committed, monogamous relationships for most of my adult life. I’m now at a point where I am feeling torn in two, and it doesn’t seem like there’s anyone in my life who I can ask for help who won’t […]

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙