Vermont Chittenden County Greater Burlington

Jericho

News across Greater Burlington

City of Winooski Published 4 hours ago

Winooski Newsletter - October 2026

The Vermont Cynic Published October 01

A Fateful Sailing Adventure

The blissful morning of May 29 was upon me as I left Willow’s Bagels in Burlington, Vermont. Wispy clouds peppered the sky and a cool breeze pushed across the lake. I walked behind the store with a dollar less in my pocket, but now with a half-dozen day-old bagels, heading up to…

The Charlotte News Published October 01

2,800-mile horseback ride for stories of western land use

Meriwether Hardie had been on horseback for weeks in the middle of an almost six-month, 2,800-mile journey across five...

The Charlotte News Published October 01

The wacky, daffy path from dad jokes to granddad jokes

My daughter says I’m getting worse. I have a condition she has had to live with all her life,...

The Vermont Cynic Published September 30

“The Memoir”: how I found myself through writing

I’ve only read two memoirs in my entire life and they were both within the last month. It’s not that I have anything against memoirs. Rather, I have always been fascinated by the idea of them but never understood what their point was. I was sure they were just thick books written…

The Vermont Cynic Published September 29

An Abroad Guide: Cinque Terre

To go or not to go? That is the question. At least, that is the question for students studying abroad. With UVM’s wide range of places to go, it was a tough decision for me to make. But after much deliberation, I ended up on a plane to Florence, Italy. Once I landed came the...

The Vermont Cynic Published September 29

Life in Mamdanistan

Reports coming out of New York City say life is not as bad as certain politicians would have hoped. For the past several months, NYC has been run by supposed jihadist Mayor Zohran Mamdani, whose controversial policies include such things as safer streets and affordable rent.…

The Vermont Cynic Published September 27

Photo of the Week

City of South Burlington Published September 25

South Burlington Named 2026's 4th Best City for Women by WalletHub

South Burlington is one of the top cities for women, according to financial outlet WalletHub, moving the city up one spot from last year. The survey considers wages, unemployment, access to healthcare, and more.

Seven Days Published September 25

New Poll Shows Janoo With Narrow Lead Over Incumbent Gov. Scott

Amanda Janoo has made headway in her race against Phil Scott. But the five-term governor's campaign bashed the result as "misleading." The post New Poll Shows Janoo With Narrow Lead Over Incumbent Gov. Scott appeared first on Seven Days . (Image: File: Kevin McCallum)

The Charlotte News Published September 24

Selecting and planting bulbs this fall for spring blooming

As the gardening season winds down, why not think ahead to spring and plant some early bloomers like crocus...

Seven Days Published September 23

State of Vermont Superior Court, Probate Division, Chittenden Unit, Docket No. 26-PR-03600

In re ESTATE of Samuel Faris NOTICE TO CREDITORS To the creditors of: Samuel Faris, late of Williston, Vermont. I have been appointed to administer this estate. All creditors having claims against the decedent or the estate must present their claims in writing within four (4)…

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙