News across Chittenden County
“The Memoir”: how I found myself through writing
I’ve only read two memoirs in my entire life and they were both within the last month. It’s not that I have anything against memoirs. Rather, I have always been fascinated by the idea of them but never understood what their point was. I was sure they were just thick books written…
An Abroad Guide: Cinque Terre
To go or not to go? That is the question. At least, that is the question for students studying abroad. With UVM’s wide range of places to go, it was a tough decision for me to make. But after much deliberation, I ended up on a plane to Florence, Italy. Once I landed came the...
Life in Mamdanistan
Reports coming out of New York City say life is not as bad as certain politicians would have hoped. For the past several months, NYC has been run by supposed jihadist Mayor Zohran Mamdani, whose controversial policies include such things as safer streets and affordable rent.…

Photo of the Week

South Burlington Named 2026's 4th Best City for Women by WalletHub
South Burlington is one of the top cities for women, according to financial outlet WalletHub, moving the city up one spot from last year. The survey considers wages, unemployment, access to healthcare, and more.

New Poll Shows Janoo With Narrow Lead Over Incumbent Gov. Scott
Amanda Janoo has made headway in her race against Phil Scott. But the five-term governor's campaign bashed the result as "misleading." The post New Poll Shows Janoo With Narrow Lead Over Incumbent Gov. Scott appeared first on Seven Days . (Image: File: Kevin McCallum)

Selecting and planting bulbs this fall for spring blooming
As the gardening season winds down, why not think ahead to spring and plant some early bloomers like crocus...

State of Vermont Superior Court, Probate Division, Chittenden Unit, Docket No. 26-PR-03600
In re ESTATE of Samuel Faris NOTICE TO CREDITORS To the creditors of: Samuel Faris, late of Williston, Vermont. I have been appointed to administer this estate. All creditors having claims against the decedent or the estate must present their claims in writing within four (4)…

Northfield Mutual Holding Company, Notice Of Special Meeting
A Special Meeting of the Corporators of the Northfield Mutual Holding Company will be held October 8, 2026 at 6:00 p.m. at the Vermont National Country Club, 1227 Dorset Street, South Burlington, VT. The matters to be considered include the election of Corporators. Please call…

State Of Vermont Superior Court, Probate Division, Chittenden Unit, Docket No. 26-Pr-01476
IN RE: ESTATE OF JOYCE L. FORTIN NOTICE TO CREDITORS To the creditors of Joyce L. Fortin, late of Milton, Vermont I have been appointed to administer this estate. All creditors having claims against the decedent or the estate must present their claims in writing within four (4)…

Planning Commission Update - September 2026
Vermont protesting’s multi-cause of doom
I looked through my viewfinder expecting fierce protest of government overreach. Instead, I saw costumes, tuba players, foreign flags and a protester with an assault rifle. Over the past year, I’ve photographed nearly every political demonstration across Burlington and Williston…