News across Greater Houston

Little Biddy Bits
KindnessI went to the kitchen, opened the freezer and got out my favorite flavor of ice cream. I dipped myself a bowl full and returned to my chair to finish watching a movie my wife and I had r

Liberty Bell rings in history
LIBERTY— History is constantly in motion. Because of that, we sometimes forget that the places we have visited, wish to visit, or have never even heard of all have their own history and shared communi

What Does The Bible Say?
Question— I was reading my Bible today, and I came across a word in my KJV Bible that I don’t know the meaning of. Romans 13:13 says, “Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenne

THOUGHTFUL THINGS
Hope in the StormLife has a way of bringing storms we never expected. One moment everything seems calm, and the next we find ourselves facing uncertainty, disappointment, sickness, loss, financial pre

Ghosts of Austin County: The gallows of the old county jail
BELLVILLE — Some buildings don't need a ghost story to feel haunted.Just off the courthouse square in Bellville, the old Austin County Jail looks almost as imposing today as county officials intended

SEALY HEALTH INSPECTIONS
Please be advised that the City of Sealy Health Inspector has inspected the following establishments for food preparation, kitchen cleanliness, and sanitary conditions: McDonald’s, 1724 Meter St., rec

I used to play the violin
When it comes to music, I am quite a fan. I enjoy all kinds of music, though some more than others. When I’m driving, I love having the radio on and listening to music. Sometimes I jump from station t

Sports Spectrum: Farewell, Connecticut Sun
It’s been common knowledge statewide for a while now: The Connecticut Sun, the state’s only major-league professional sports team, is relocating to Houston, as first reported by PaperCity magazine.

Cook request for bond modification is reset
Judge schedules court return for Oct. 22

Highlights: Houston wins fourth straight game against Cyclones
HOUSTON — The Cyclone soccer team fell to Houston Thursday night in a 2-1 loss, marking the Cougars’ fourth victory in a row. With the loss, the Cyclones drop to 4-4-2 this season and 0-2-0 in conference play. The Cougars advance to 6-1-3 and 2-0-0 in the Big 12. An early goal…

Little Biddy Bits
Just What I Needed to HearDana had to have surgery to repair a torn ligament in her hip. When the doctor came in to talk with her before surgery, she confessed she was really nervous. He looked at her

Sun brace for an 'emotional' farewell as the WNBA franchise plays its final game in Connecticut
The Connecticut WNBA franchise will play its final game in the state before it moves to Houston next year after an impressive run for the first independently owned team in the league. Texas will be the third stop for the franchise; the team moved from Orlando to Connecticut in…