News across Greater Houston
Ghosts of Austin County: The gallows of the old county jail
BELLVILLE — Some buildings don't need a ghost story to feel haunted.Just off the courthouse square in Bellville, the old Austin County Jail looks almost as imposing today as county officials intended
SEALY HEALTH INSPECTIONS
Please be advised that the City of Sealy Health Inspector has inspected the following establishments for food preparation, kitchen cleanliness, and sanitary conditions: McDonald’s, 1724 Meter St., rec
I used to play the violin
When it comes to music, I am quite a fan. I enjoy all kinds of music, though some more than others. When I’m driving, I love having the radio on and listening to music. Sometimes I jump from station t

Sports Spectrum: Farewell, Connecticut Sun
It’s been common knowledge statewide for a while now: The Connecticut Sun, the state’s only major-league professional sports team, is relocating to Houston, as first reported by PaperCity magazine.
Drake Makes Surprise Stage Appearance at Karol G’s Houston Concert
Karol G's Houston concert came with an unexpected guest when Drake stepped onto the stage, giving the crowd a surprise collaboration during the show. ...

Cook request for bond modification is reset
Judge schedules court return for Oct. 22

Highlights: Houston wins fourth straight game against Cyclones
HOUSTON — The Cyclone soccer team fell to Houston Thursday night in a 2-1 loss, marking the Cougars’ fourth victory in a row. With the loss, the Cyclones drop to 4-4-2 this season and 0-2-0 in conference play. The Cougars advance to 6-1-3 and 2-0-0 in the Big 12. An early goal…

Little Biddy Bits
Just What I Needed to HearDana had to have surgery to repair a torn ligament in her hip. When the doctor came in to talk with her before surgery, she confessed she was really nervous. He looked at her

Sun brace for an 'emotional' farewell as the WNBA franchise plays its final game in Connecticut
The Connecticut WNBA franchise will play its final game in the state before it moves to Houston next year after an impressive run for the first independently owned team in the league. Texas will be the third stop for the franchise; the team moved from Orlando to Connecticut in…

What Does The Bible Say?
Question— What does the Bible say about how to have true peace? So many things and people offer it, but I have been unable to find it yet.Answer— True peace is only found in Jesus Christ. In Philippia

THOUGHTFUL THINGS
Joy Unspeakable JoyLife has a way of wearing us down. There are seasons when the responsibilities seem endless, the disappointments pile up, and the answers to our prayers seem slow in coming. In thos

Hayden Comes Home
On Aug. 18, 2026, firefighter Shawn Perez was attending training with the San Felipe/ Frydek Volunteer Fire Department. During the training he received a call that his daughter Hayden was seriously in