News across Liberty County

Little Biddy Bits
KindnessI went to the kitchen, opened the freezer and got out my favorite flavor of ice cream. I dipped myself a bowl full and returned to my chair to finish watching a movie my wife and I had r

Liberty Bell rings in history
LIBERTY— History is constantly in motion. Because of that, we sometimes forget that the places we have visited, wish to visit, or have never even heard of all have their own history and shared communi

What Does The Bible Say?
Question— I was reading my Bible today, and I came across a word in my KJV Bible that I don’t know the meaning of. Romans 13:13 says, “Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenne

THOUGHTFUL THINGS
Hope in the StormLife has a way of bringing storms we never expected. One moment everything seems calm, and the next we find ourselves facing uncertainty, disappointment, sickness, loss, financial pre

Cook request for bond modification is reset
Judge schedules court return for Oct. 22

Little Biddy Bits
Just What I Needed to HearDana had to have surgery to repair a torn ligament in her hip. When the doctor came in to talk with her before surgery, she confessed she was really nervous. He looked at her

What Does The Bible Say?
Question— What does the Bible say about how to have true peace? So many things and people offer it, but I have been unable to find it yet.Answer— True peace is only found in Jesus Christ. In Philippia

THOUGHTFUL THINGS
Joy Unspeakable JoyLife has a way of wearing us down. There are seasons when the responsibilities seem endless, the disappointments pile up, and the answers to our prayers seem slow in coming. In thos

Rounding Up the Gators
Marsh Master Roundup has first successful year

Response times have county revisiting EMS units
More ambulance units could be added

County considers $68.7 million budget, tax increase
Alternative sources of funding also found

CAPITAL HIGHLIGHTS
SENATE GOP OPENS WALLET FOR PAXTON’S CAMPAIGNRepublican leadership is pouring tens of millions of dollars into the U.S. Senate campaign of Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, who is locked in a tight r