South Carolina Richland County Greater Columbia

Olympia

News across Richland County

Kentucky Kernel Published 76 minutes ago

No. 24 Kentucky heads to South Carolina as underdogs

No. 24 Kentucky prepares to hit the road against the South Carolina Gamecocks for what may be an in-conference trap game. The Wildcats march into Columbia, South Carolina, after earning their first AP Top 25 honors in three years. Despite the moxie and energy all over Lexington,…

The Voice of Blythewood & Fairfield County Published October 01

The View from 95: My Working Life

There seems to be an interest in the true stories about my life, and that is what I know best and find easy to write about. I never wanted a career, but I had a lovely one. I will try to talk about it but spare the details of 41 years. My first full-time job […]

The Voice of Blythewood & Fairfield County Published September 24

The View from 95: Words Can Be Tricky

Words are the magic link between people. Since English is the only language I know, that is the one I can talk about. We can be vague or precise, serious or funny, and people understand what we are sharing with them. A few chosen words can convey a great deal. “I will never leave…

The Voice of Blythewood & Fairfield County Published September 24

Kenny’s Corner: When did SC become California?

I went to the gas station the other day, looked at the price, and thought somebody had moved me to Los Angeles without telling me. Four dollars a gallon?! I thought we lived in the Palmetto State. Apparently, we’re the Golden State now. And speaking of California, Governor Gavin…

The Voice of Blythewood & Fairfield County Published September 24

In the Garden: Growing Garlic

This time last year, I told you that I ordered one pound of garlic bulbs to plant in the garden. I had an excellent harvest of about 7 pounds of garlic, and we have been enjoying eating our fresh garlic. For this fall, I ordered three pounds of garlic. I have also saved the…

City of Columbia Published September 18

City of Columbia to Host the Annual Isabel Law Breakfast

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙