Local News in Washington County

Community news from our local sources

Washington County

Washington County 29 storiesWiden to Greater Portland

Portland Mercury Published September 20

Dear Oregon Green Voters

[Got an anonymous confession or rant you just have to share with the world? Submit it to I, Anonymous HERE!—eds] Like most Oregonians, I am less than stoked with state and local leadership. I think a fresh slate of new faces could better handle the budget crisis in the wake of…

Portland Mercury Published September 20

I’m Ill

[Got an anonymous confession or rant you just have to share with the world? Submit it to I, Anonymous HERE!—eds] Why do I do this to myself? I already feel like shit. Please leave me out of it. I don’t want any part. Imma lay down and think about why I only love you when I’m […]

Portland Mercury Published September 20

Re: Tipping

[Got an anonymous confession or rant you just have to share with the world? Submit it to I, Anonymous HERE!—eds] I tip, but there are clear guidelines. The tipping system has become a joke. Some food carts automatically set a default tip of 30%. Is that really acceptable? 1.…

Street Roots Published September 16

Harsh rules frighten and discourage Oregon’s international students

Isha’s brother took his own life last year. He was her only sibling. She could not return to her home country to attend his funeral or comfort their parents. She could not give Street Roots her real first name. “I’m still grieving,” Isha said. “‘Still’ is an understatement. This…

Street Roots Published August 27

Sometimes summer isn’t all it’s cracked up to me

I’m starting to prefer the cooler, quieter seasons. Summer is the worst. Often romanticized as a glorious time with gorgeous weather, when everybody’s sitting poolside (more likely riverside in Portland) drinking a piña colada (it’s Portland, so probably an IPA), as if we’re in a…

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙