News across Greater Portland
SAVAGE LOVE: Group Dynamics
I’m a 37-year-old (mostly) straight man who has been in and out of a series of committed, monogamous relationships for most of my adult life. I’m now at a point where I am feeling torn in two, and it doesn’t seem like there’s anyone in my life who I can ask for help who won’t […]
Mushroom Taffy Man
[Got an anonymous confession or rant you just have to share with the world? Submit it to I, Anonymous HERE!—eds] Dear Mushroom Taffy Man, We found you and were immediately smitten. Your goods are delicious, full of laughs and joy. You make shows brighter, Saturday afternoons with…
Your Truck Is Leaking Oil
[Got an anonymous confession or rant you just have to share with the world? Submit it to I, Anonymous HERE!—eds] Hey dude, your truck is leaking motor oil all over the place. It sucks for the environment. It sucks for everyone in our building’s parking lot that has to walk…
Good Morning, News: A Breakthrough in Early Cancer Detection, Shark Caught Swimming Around Jersey Shore, and Trump’s Rollback of Fuel Efficiency Standards
The Mercury provides news and fun every single day—but your help is essential. If you believe Portland benefits from smart, local journalism and arts coverage, please consider making a small monthly contribution, because without you, there is no us. Thanks for your support! Good…

Good Morning, News: Mayor Campaigns Against Progressives, Cyclists Protest Moda Deal, and Trump Uses YOUR Money to Spread Hate
If you believe Portland benefits from smart, local journalism and arts coverage, please consider making a small monthly contribution to the Mercury, because without you, there is no us. Thanks for your support! GOOD MORNING, PORTLAND! Expect a mostly sunny week ahead with a…

Letter: ‘The choice is clear … re-elect Rep. John Ley!’
Amboy's Thomas Schenk backs Rep. John Ley over challenger Deken Letnich in the 18th District, Position 2 race.

Letter: Count the rent, not just the tents
Teso argues rents and vacancy rates predict homelessness better than drug use, mental illness, or poverty.

Spin Cycle: Feel the Pain
It can be tough to focus on new music releases when you’re mired in the hell of aches and pains. I’m lucky to have been almost entirely free from it the vast majority of my adult life, but as I descend into the dreaded middle age (gagged a little bit writing that), the looming…

Opinion: Clark County Today celebrates 10th anniversary with redesign
Clark County Today marks its 10th anniversary with a rebuilt website launching Sunday, celebrating its Sept. 27 anniversary.

Opinion: Clark County Today celebrates 10th anniversary with redesign
Clark County Today marks its 10th anniversary with a rebuilt website launching Sunday, celebrating its Sept. 27 anniversary.

Biding His Primetime: Robert Pattinson Attains Peak Weird Guy Form
“What would have happened if I wasn’t here?” Robert Pattinson asks this question throughout Primetime. In the role of Chris Hansen—the indeterminately telegenic host of once-popular hidden camera show To Catch A Predator—Pattinson practically turns the question into a mantra.…

Letter: ‘John Braun works to protect jobs, grow agricultural trade, cut government waste, and expand energy production to fuel our future’
Letter writer Margaret Tweet contrasts John Braun's business record and Navy background with her scrutiny of Marie Gluesenkamp Perez's voting history and name discrepancies.