News across Greater Portland

Lunch Time!?!?
[Got an anonymous confession or rant you just have to share with the world? Submit it to I, Anonymous HERE!—eds] Who in the fuck shows up to work and the very first thing they do is feed their face on company time? Like full on sit, phone scrolling, and chowing down.Might as well…

What Does This All Mean In The End?
[Got an anonymous confession or rant you just have to share with the world? Submit it to I, Anonymous HERE!—eds] What I see, what I touch, what I do every week is not normal for most of you. I have been around more death than anyone I know or meet. I am a healthcare worker, a […]

Do What You Love Instead of Chasing Approval
[Got an anonymous confession or rant you just have to share with the world? Submit it to I, Anonymous HERE!—eds] I love trying to be better and loving myself. It can be hard to do in this world where the norm is shitty judgement, but fuck those people! Being alive is dynamic and…

Dear Anti-Green Voter
[Got an anonymous confession or rant you just have to share with the world? Submit it to I, Anonymous HERE!—eds] You think a few percentage points for the third-party candidate will sink your candidate’s big election? Maybe it’s the *other* candidate polling level with yours.…

Good Morning, News: Portland Police Chief Faces Elections Complaints, Trump’s Disastrous (and Scary) UN General Conference Speech, and a Big Contribution to the University of Nike
The Mercury provides news and fun every single day—but your help is essential. If you believe Portland benefits from smart, local journalism and arts coverage, please consider making a small monthly contribution, because without you, there is no us. Thanks for your support! Good…

Opinion: Which state leads the way for educational freedom?
Washington ranks 40th overall in Heritage's 2026 Education Freedom Report Card, 48th in school choice for the second consecutive year.

Opinion: ‘Beneath the League’s nonpartisan branding lies a membership and organization that openly and primarily advances left-of and far-left positions only’
Bryan Shull says the League of Women Voters advances left-of-center positions while masquerading as nonpartisan.

SAVAGE LOVE: The Backlog
I’ve wavered on sending this but I need advice. There’s this woman I’ve known most of my life. We are very close and we have as close to an open book friendship as I can think of. We’ve shared everything. I now realize that I have romantic feelings for her that I never acted on.…

CNN, MS Now, Politico sue Trump over White House ban
CNN, MS Now, and Politico filed suit after the White House deactivated their reporters' press pass credentials without notice or process.

Portland Fire Recap: Three Losses in a Row and a Plea to the Fans
Like the rest of the WNBA, the Portland Fire had a two-week break while Team USA won a gold medal at the FIBA World Cup. Or, at least, about half of the Fire had a break, since six players departed to play in the international tournament (Carla Leite helped France win the silver…

Opinion: A 1st Amendment temper tantrum
Lars Larson argues the First Amendment protects the right to publish, not the right to White House access.

THE TRASH REPORT: Babymen vs Babies of Women
Hellooooo, Trash Pandas! Welcome back to the Trash Report. I am Elinor Jones, thriving once again now that it’s officially fall. My forearms are sick of being exposed to fresh air and I’m ready to get my shit bundled all the way up. Shorter days mean longer nights, which means…