Oregon Multnomah County Washington County Greater Portland

Cedar Mill

News across Greater Portland

Street Roots Published 4 hours ago

In defense of a little Halloween nostalgia

When something scares me, my eyes start to water. This is a known and observed phenomenon. Someone tells me a spooky story, and immediately, my eyes are watering. And it’s a fun thing, to be a little scared. I believe in getting spooked. The first time I remember this happening…

Portland Mercury Published 5 hours ago

Good Morning, News: Portland Candidate Forum in Disarray, Update on K9 Shooting, and Corrupt Justice Alito Did Something Surprising

The Mercury provides news and fun every single day—but your help is essential. If you believe Portland benefits from smart, local journalism and arts coverage, please consider making a small monthly contribution, because without you, there is no us. Thanks for your support! Good…

Portland Mercury Published September 29

SAVAGE LOVE: Group Dynamics

I’m a 37-year-old (mostly) straight man who has been in and out of a series of committed, monogamous relationships for most of my adult life. I’m now at a point where I am feeling torn in two, and it doesn’t seem like there’s anyone in my life who I can ask for help who won’t […]

Portland Mercury Published September 29

Mushroom Taffy Man

[Got an anonymous confession or rant you just have to share with the world? Submit it to I, Anonymous HERE!—eds] Dear Mushroom Taffy Man, We found you and were immediately smitten. Your goods are delicious, full of laughs and joy. You make shows brighter, Saturday afternoons with…

Portland Mercury Published September 29

Your Truck Is Leaking Oil

[Got an anonymous confession or rant you just have to share with the world? Submit it to I, Anonymous HERE!—eds] Hey dude, your truck is leaking motor oil all over the place. It sucks for the environment. It sucks for everyone in our building’s parking lot that has to walk…

Portland Mercury Published September 29

Good Morning, News: A Breakthrough in Early Cancer Detection, Shark Caught Swimming Around Jersey Shore, and Trump’s Rollback of Fuel Efficiency Standards

The Mercury provides news and fun every single day—but your help is essential. If you believe Portland benefits from smart, local journalism and arts coverage, please consider making a small monthly contribution, because without you, there is no us. Thanks for your support! Good…

Portland Mercury Published September 28

Good Morning, News: Mayor Campaigns Against Progressives, Cyclists Protest Moda Deal, and Trump Uses YOUR Money to Spread Hate

If you believe Portland benefits from smart, local journalism and arts coverage, please consider making a small monthly contribution to the Mercury, because without you, there is no us. Thanks for your support! GOOD MORNING, PORTLAND! Expect a mostly sunny week ahead with a…

ClarkCountyToday.com Published September 26

Letter: ‘The choice is clear … re-elect Rep. John Ley!’

Amboy's Thomas Schenk backs Rep. John Ley over challenger Deken Letnich in the 18th District, Position 2 race.

ClarkCountyToday.com Published September 25

Letter: Count the rent, not just the tents

Teso argues rents and vacancy rates predict homelessness better than drug use, mental illness, or poverty.

Portland Mercury Published September 25

Spin Cycle: Feel the Pain

It can be tough to focus on new music releases when you’re mired in the hell of aches and pains. I’m lucky to have been almost entirely free from it the vast majority of my adult life, but as I descend into the dreaded middle age (gagged a little bit writing that), the looming…

ClarkCountyToday.com Published September 25

Opinion: Clark County Today celebrates 10th anniversary with redesign

Clark County Today marks its 10th anniversary with a rebuilt website launching Sunday, celebrating its Sept. 27 anniversary.

ClarkCountyToday.com Published September 25

Opinion: Clark County Today celebrates 10th anniversary with redesign

Clark County Today marks its 10th anniversary with a rebuilt website launching Sunday, celebrating its Sept. 27 anniversary.

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙