News across Greene County
Taking a youngster fishing is big fun
Struttin’ Time readers, your old friend — me — is at it again. On Saturday I took another kid fishing, just him and me, and I can’t tell you the joy I got from being out with a young person I had been asked to mentor. During my long life, I have taken many young people hunting…

Plantastic: Kingston music festival celebrates 50 years of ‘Plantasia,’ music and nature
Over the weekend, Kingston, New York, was home to a special music festival – one devoted to plants and the people who love them.

Who's welcoming, made of wood, and lives in Tupper Lake? The Wild Center's new troll
This summer, giant wooden trolls have taken over Tupper Lake. They’ve captured the attention, social media feeds, and hearts of those who visit them at the Wild Center.

Climate Solutions Week in Hudson Valley explores renewables, art, and community
Climate Solutions Week explores different environmental challenges and solutions including: a sustainable fashion runway, a how-to on disposing of refrigerators, a heat pump demonstration, and discussions about data centers.

Battle of Plattsburgh commemoration events this weekend
The annual Battle of Plattsburgh commemoration is occurring in the downtown this weekend

Wild Center welcomes two-millionth visitor
The Wild Center in Tupper Lake has welcomed its 2-millionth visitor