News across Greater St. Louis
Let’s Cook!
I am always on the lookout for recipes for my air fryer and save them to try. The other night I had a pork chop thawed out, but it was too hot to grill or turn on the oven, so I tried this recipe for Best Darn Air Fryer Pork Chops. (actually the word was not…
RIDGE RUNNER CHRONICLES: The Elizabeth Holmes Trailer
The studio known as “A 24 Studio” recently released a trailer of an upcoming documentary film about Elizabeth Holmes, the controversial young woman who was convicted of fraud for her representations about her medical testing company, “Theranos.” She is now in prison serving an…
OUTDOOR TRUTHS: Influence
Deer season is here. A few states have already opened, and the others are just around the corner. I am not prepared for this. I mean really, I am not prepared. I have put off hanging stands and setting up blinds. And I only have a few cameras out. The good news is that over…
ROBIN WRITES: Date Night at the Drive-In
It was summer, Saturday night. After a quick meal, usually curbside at A&W, my date and I set off to the Grande Drive-In, a dozen miles away. It was up to me to set the mood for the drive. I could stay sitting near the window on the passenger’s side and rest my arm along…

Newspaper honored with statewide writing awards at annual convention
St. Louis Call Newspapers was honored with four awards — one first-place, one second-place and two third-place — in the 2026 Missouri Press Association Better Newspaper Contest for four news articles published in 2025. The Call’s news department was presented with the awards on…

Spirits of the Past

How data center noise is different from regular noise pollution, according to a St. Louis scientist
A St. Louis scientist has spent her career studying sound and is now speaking out about the noise pollution that data centers could bring to the region.
A Catholic media star was beatified in St. Louis, moving a step closer to sainthood
Bishop Fulton Sheen will be beatified by the Catholic Church in St. Louis on Thursday, moving the television personality from the 1950s one step away from sainthood.
STC Now October 2026
Read the October 2026 issue of STC Now.

Lottery player wins $50,000 in Mehlville
An unnamed Missouri player from St. Louis is planning a celebration after winning a $50,000 prize on a “500X Payout” Scratchers ticket purchased in Mehlville at Captain Z’s, 2874 Telegraph Road. “I’m going on vacation with my husband for our anniversary,” the unnamed winner…

Letter writer states opposition to recently proposed $5,000 ‘Trump dividend’ check
To the editor: If I receive a $5,000 bribe, uh, dividend check from Donald Trump, I pledge to deposit the check and immediately write a personal check in the amount of $5,000, made out to the Democratic National Committee, and put it in the mail. Anyone want to join me? I know,…

Writer calls to delay the cost shift for SNAP
To the editor: As we head back to school, teaching is at the forefront of my mind. I am a third grade teacher at a district where 68% of students are considered to be economically disadvantaged. Nearly 50,000 Missourians have lost their SNAP benefits, and the cost of food will…