News across Greater St. Louis

Fire & Ice

Stay in the Know with Notify Me!

September 2026 edition of the Parks & Recreation newsletter available now!

Baalman crowned as Miss Calhoun 2026

Let’s Cook!
I really like ham, but I don’t need to buy a big ham just for me. So I frequently buy ham steaks. The other day I tried a new recipe for grilling the ham steak and I really enjoyed it. This recipe makes a sweet and savory ham, not not overly so. MARINATED HAM STEAK Makes…

Point News
No Point News last week due to the Labor Day holiday and needing to get my news items in early, and I had no items to write at that time. Since then, we celebrated Labor Day weekend and later in the week the 25-year remembrance of the 9/11 terrorist attacks when nearly 3,000…
Pickings from Pike’s Past
50 YEARS AGO: BALLOT INCLUDES COMMUNIST, SOCIALIST WORKERS AND SOCIALIST LABOR PARTIES 150 Years Ago Sept. 14, 1876 The weather hot, cold, raw, warm, ugly, rainy, and mean generally. It warmed up to about 90 degrees in Chambersburg last week, and then poured a shower of rain upon…
Looking Back… News items from the past pages of the Calhoun News-Herald
100 years ago September 16, 1926 After a steady rise for the past two weeks, the Illinois River at Hardin has taken a downward course and is falling quite rapidly. It is said that the water in the Illinois River, during this season of the year, has never reached such a high stage…
Free Narcan Training Offered September 30, 2026
NASCAR Cup Series heads to Gateway Sunday – on WBUT
The Nascar Cup Series will head to the St. Louis market this Sunday for a race at the old Gateway Speedway – now known as World Wide Technology Raceway. Race coverage of the second of 10 playoff races begins at 2pm on WBUT. It is just the fifth time the Cup Series has raced at…

Turkey Day Run
