Local News in Mackinac County
Community news from our local sources
Mackinac County 41 storieswidest scope for this area

Nature Notes
Yesterday was Labor Day, and we did the Formal Ride. But this year, I actually drove my horse instead of riding her. It was fortunate in that I was able to bring along a couple of folks who have stayed in a number of Cottages on the Island, who’ve brought horses here, and bought…

Horse Tales
September has arrived on Mackinac Island, and this month can be golden. For many horses here, they are at their peek having spent June, July, and August being worked and ridden. The adage “use it or loose it” applies to most of the commercial as well as private horses living on…
News About People on Mackinac Island
What a gorgeous Labor Day Weekend! The weather was perfect, and people came from far and near to celebrate the holiday! Over 34,000 people walked the Mackinac Bridge on a beautiful morning! Governor Gretchen Whitmer led the walk for her final time as governor! It was a great…

David Hoffmann: Local news can bring communities together
Hello, I’m David Hoffmann. Like many of you, I’ve been thinking a lot about our country, our communities and how we find our way back to one another. There is too much friction, too much anger and, often, too little understanding of the people and places closest to us. I serve as…

FOR SALE
NOTE / SCRATCH PADS various sizes and colors. $.30 each or four for a $1.00. Stop into the St. Ignace News office. Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday. Great for kids going back to school. The post FOR SALE first appeared on The St. Ignace News .