Michigan Mecosta County Greater Big Rapids

Fork Township

News across Mecosta County

The Ferris State Torch Published 22 hours ago

Media Minute: “Taskmaster” Season 22

Season 22 of “Taskmaster” is off to a phenomenal start. After more than twenty seasons, the series still manages to maintain its unique air of comedy. For those who are unfamiliar, “Taskmaster” is a British comedy game show created by Alex Horne and hosted by Greg Davies. With…

The Ferris State Torch Published September 26

The concerns of Meta glasses

When you step outside or when you visit your local café in town, you shouldn’t have to worry that the person next to you might be filming you, not with their phone, but with their glasses. As uncomfortable as it sounds, this is a valid fear founded on the creation of Meta…

The Ferris State Torch Published September 25

Connection and community

Modern life has drastically changed the way that communities function for the worst. Not to start off all gloomy and negative, but just think about it for a minute. Personal connection seems to be evading most people. Sure, a lot of us have a couple of close friends we can count…

The Ferris State Torch Published September 23

The invasion of Flock cameras

If you asked me five years ago if I would’ve thought America was slowly turning into the novel “1984,” I would have called you insane. Then as it sits today, a company named Flock Safety comes along. Flock Safety is a company that specializes in automatic license plate reader…

The Ferris State Torch Published September 22

How sports has influenced my life

Being the case of a sports fan, sports have been a massive part of my life. Growing up in a household surrounded by sports definitely influenced my life. My parents and my brother played tennis, so naturally I followed suit, playing throughout middle and high school. I was also a…

The Ferris State Torch Published September 17

Transition in feelings

From the start of my freshman year to now becoming a fifth-year senior, my feelings about my present and my future have changed drastically. When I first arrived on campus, I experienced all the emotions that every freshman feels. I was homesick and I felt anxious being away from…

The Ferris State Torch Published September 12

Bulldogs head to Washington

After starting the season off on a high note, with a statement win against Pittsburg State and a 38-3 home opener victory against Bentley. The Ferris State Bulldogs football team […]

The Ferris State Torch Published September 06

Transition in feelings

From the start of my freshman year to now becoming a fifth-year senior, my feelings about my present and my future have changed drastically. When I first arrived on campus, […]

The Ferris State Torch Published August 27

Bulldogs head into 2026 season

After topping off their historic 2025 season with a national championship, the Ferris State Bulldogs football team looks to repeat their success once again. With the national championship under their belt, the Bulldogs closed out the season with a 16-0 record, becoming the first…

The Ferris State Torch Published July 31

Former Bulldog defensive lineman accused of domestic abuse

Editor’s Note: The following story contains details of domestic abuse Allegations from 2025 came to light shortly after midnight on July 26th against former Ferris football defensive lineman Tyrone Fowler. These allegations were brought to the public’s attention by Fowler’s…

The Ferris State Torch Published May 15

Editor’s parting statement – Grace Heethuis

It is with a heavy heart that I have decided not to return as the Culture Editor for the Torch next year. While I’m so excited to graduate in December, I will unfortunately have to have a lot on my plate to get there. I have enjoyed this season so much, and it has been...

The Ferris State Torch Published May 15

Editor’s Statement – Nolan Matthews

After spending the last year in the position of sports editor and being named Co-Editor-In-Chief earlier this month, I will be looking to continue to grow our sports section. Sports at Ferris is always changing, and at the Torch, we have the role of getting the news for athletics…

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙