Michigan Washtenaw County Greater Ann Arbor

Dexter

News across Greater Ann Arbor

The Sun Times News Published 1 hour ago

Silent Supporters

By Steve Gwisdalla There are people out there that are the true, beating heart of our personal and professional lives. While loud cheers and public praise are easy to notice, the quietest contributions often hold the most profound weight. These beautiful souls back your highest…

The Michigan Daily Published 4 hours ago

Michigan still searching for ‘dominant’ performance

Michigan football coach Kyle Whittingham knows his team isn’t where it needs to be, and he was candid about that in his press conference Monday. “We’re 3-1, I feel like we’re 0-4,” Whittingham said. “I can tell you that’s how I feel. We’re one play away from being 4-0, and one…

The Michigan Daily Published 4 hours ago

Michigan run blocking leading way to better efficiency

For as long as it’s been playing football, the Michigan football team’s calling card has been its run game. That’s carried over into the last five years, as the Wolverines averaged about 2,700 rush yards per season from 2021-2025. If Michigan maintains the weekly rush production…

The Michigan Daily Published 4 hours ago

Michigan turns to new leadership after previous captains depart

With the departure of former captains T.J. Hughes, Kienan Draper, Tyler Duke and Luca Fantilli — the No. 2 Michigan hockey team is left to start again with new leadership. With the season less than a week away, the Wolverines are ready to build on last year with a diverse group…

The Michigan Daily Published 9 hours ago

Alcohol x Wellness Darty: We have to do it all?

I remember being in the airport with my mom when she asked me if I had ever drunk alcohol before. I was in my sophomore year of high school, and I hadn’t. She asked if I had any interest, and I said I didn’t, which was the truth. She pressed me a little harder, not […]

The Michigan Daily Published 9 hours ago

Club culture and humiliation: An inextricable pair

This school breeds insanity. Let’s admit it. We are all victims of this mass psychosis in one way or another — we have to be. It’s how we got here in the first place. The University of Michigan, home of the Leaders and the Best, is rife with enthusiasm, drive and the need to be…

The Michigan Daily Published 9 hours ago

Why does it have to be my birthday???

I wake up and check the date — something I do almost every morning — except once the calendar hits September, the number at the top of my phone becomes a flashing countdown: My birthday is approaching. I am still lying in bed when I start thinking about the inevitable question of…

The Michigan Daily Published 9 hours ago

What the air carries

I left Indonesia in early August of this year, three weeks before the sky over Palangkaraya would turn the color of a bruise sat too long under the skin. I did not know this at the time. I only knew that my flight out of Jakarta smelled the way it always smells: jet fuel folding…

The Michigan Daily Published 9 hours ago

The forgotten Koreans of Kazakhstan

“Why was Hong Beom-do’s body in Kazakhstan?” I asked my dad. I expected the legendary Korean independence fighter to be buried in Korea, or at the very least East Asia. Yet here I was, reading that Beom-do’s body was finally being repatriated from Kazakhstan, of all places, to…

The Michigan Daily Published 11 hours ago

The ROI on rogueness

Erin Coleman is an Opinion Cartoonist and can be reached at eccolem@umich.edu.

The Michigan Daily Published September 29

Michigan preserves goaltending trio from last season

Two seasons ago, the then-No. 17 Michigan hockey team fell out of postseason contention following its disappointing Big Ten quarterfinals effort, allowing 11 goals across two playoff games. Last season, while the Wolverines’ postseason run was three times longer, they allowed…

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙