Kentucky Letcher County

Millstone

News across Letcher County

The Mountain Eagle Published September 30

Meet Miss Mountain Heritage

Jayda Banks wears her crown and sash as the new Miss Mountain Heritage as she rides in the annual Mountain Heritage Festival Parade through downtown Whitesburg. The 17-year-old junior at Letcher County Central High School is the daughter of JR. Banks and Desirea Banks. The…

The Mountain Eagle Published September 30

Taking a youngster fishing is big fun

Struttin’ Time readers, your old friend — me — is at it again. On Saturday I took another kid fishing, just him and me, and I can’t tell you the joy I got from being out with a young person I had been asked to mentor. During my long life, I have taken many young people hunting…

The Mountain Eagle Published September 23

Musician Corey Smith will headline Mountain Heritage Festival Saturday

Wednesday morning began four days of music, food, crafts, carnival rides and family activities for the annual Mountain Heritage Festival in downtown Whitesburg. Singer-songwriter Corey Smith is scheduled to headline the festival Saturday night. Vendors are scheduled to set up…

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙