News across Greater Indianapolis

Seeing old friends
On Friday evening, my sweet husband informed me that the next evening was his 35th class reunion. This gave me about 24 hours’ notice. Bless his heart. How could he...
Hamilton County’s tech workforce needs AI override practice
Letters to the Editor do not reflect the opinions of The Reporter, its publisher or its staff. You can submit your own Letter to the Editor by email to News@ReadTheReporter.com....
Reader has “firsthand experience” with Beth Sheller’s qualifications
Letters to the Editor do not reflect the opinions of The Reporter, its publisher or its staff. You can submit your own Letter to the Editor by email to News@ReadTheReporter.com....

Horizon League gears up for 2027 in Noblesville
The Horizon League is ready to make its presence known in Noblesville. Kicking off with a Sept. 29 media day at the Riverview Health Arena at Innovation Mile featuring coaches and players from all 12 teams, the Horizon League, an NCAA Division I athletics conference, is gearing…
Opinion: In place of placation
One of the most endearing, and disturbing, behaviors of artificial intelligence is its insistence that we remain engaged with it. Among its tools are incessant follow-up questions, lap dog-like gratuitous complimenting, and robust, if not self-satisfying placating. For those of…
Opinion: Brochures got under my skin
My wife Mary Ellen has been encouraging me to see a dermatologist. Even though I had no observable problem, I knew the best medical advice was to see a skin doctor every year. Some doctors I enjoy seeing. When I went to an orthopedist, it tickled me that I was not the only dummy…

Opinion: Loving TV to death
A well-respected Australian magazine on coronary disease reports that watching too much TV, even if you are not overweight, can shorten your life. The original study didn’t get much attention because the publication has limited circulation, which makes sense, since most of its…

It’s good to feel that “helper’s high”
“It seems like the more I give, the more I get. And that is the way it’s supposed to go in life.” – Dolly Parton Endorphins – those rascals! They...

Indy Fuel Acquire Defenseman Aaron Bohlinger in Trade With Cincinnati
The Indy Fuel announced Thursday they have traded the rights to forward Sahil Panwar to the Cincinnati Cyclones in exchange for defenseman Aaron Bohlinger, who has signed with Indy for the 2026-27 season. Bohlinger, 26, spent his rookie professional season with the Cyclones,…

Ten fingertips down
It’s 8:00 on a Monday morning, and I’m treating myself to a Bom Dia Breakfast at Bica Café in downtown Noblesville. The Crème Brûlée coffee is the icing on a...

Former Noblesville man offers encouraging words for victims of flooding
Letters to the Editor do not reflect the opinions of The Reporter, its publisher or its staff. You can submit your own Letter to the Editor by email to News@ReadTheReporter.com....

Column: A simple habit for better health
Commentary by Farah Myers When patients ask me what one simple habit could make a meaningful difference in their health, they’re often surprised by my answer: Take a walk after eating. It doesn’t have to be a long hike or intense workout, just 10 to 20 minutes of movement after a…