Indiana Madison County Greater Indianapolis

Pendleton

News across Greater Indianapolis

Current in South Published September 15

Opinion: Going round the numbers game

The call came from my Chase branch in Fishers. The teller wanted me to know what had happened to my account. “I know why you are contacting me,” I said. I was expecting bad news. “Mr. Wolfsie, I’m sorry to inform you that we just added 3 cents in interest to your account. Your…

Current in South Published September 15

Opinion: Path of least resistance?

Political philosopher, historian and lifelong Midwesterner Russell Kirk said in “The Essential Russell Kirk,” “The integrated man is governed by the permanent things.” To Kirk, the “permanent” things were more than death and taxes. The list included a transcendental moral…

Current in South Published September 15

Letter: Dirty water unwanted

Editor, I could not agree more with Jeni Jenkins letter to the editor dated Aug. 25, 2026. Our family has lived along Eagle Creek for over 75 years. It flows behind my home now. Living in Zionsville you cross over it daily. It’s part of our lives. It now could become a dump site…

Current in South Published September 15

Letter: Astonished by the disconnect

Editor, Allison Brown’s Sept. 8 letter about witnessing voting at her school 55 years ago, and the civic pride it sparked, was a lovely read. But I confess a different reaction every time I read letters like hers from older generations: astonishment at a disconnect from the…

WBOI Northeast Indiana Public Radio Published September 15

WBOI Newscast: September 15, 2026

Disciplinary charges have been filed against two Marion County judges. Two Indiana coal burning power plants remain open under an order from the Trump administration, but a federal appeals court ruling could change that.

WBOI Northeast Indiana Public Radio Published September 15

Who & What: September 15, 2026

Two Marion County judges face misconduct allegations. Two Indiana coal burning power plants remain open, but a federal appeals court ruling could change that. Laporte County Sheriff’s Office opposes plea deal for man accused of shooting a deputy.

The Hamilton County Reporter Published September 15

Stuff that annoys me, part 3

In 2024 I brought you the elegantly titled column, Stuff That Annoys Me: Part 1. After that major success, in 2025, I followed it up with the also cleverly titled,...

LarryInFishers Published September 14

Indy Fuel sign three forwards ahead of 13th season at Fishers Event Center

The Indy Fuel have added three forwards over the past two weeks, bringing back two familiar faces and signing one newcomer as the ECHL club builds its roster for a season that opens in October at Fishers Event Center. Returning are forwards Jesse Tucker and Dustin Manz. New to…

The Hamilton County Reporter Published September 14

Unpacking luggage & guilt

All packed up and ready to go until a nasty virus said … not today, lady. It was last Thursday around 2 a.m. when I woke up and realized the...

The Hamilton County Reporter Published September 14

Why you won’t see political attack ads in this newspaper

As early voting begins, you will begin seeing our candidate information pages in online editions, which will publish every day from the time we start through and including Election Day....

The Hamilton County Reporter Published September 14

Good News from Stony Creek Church of Christ

Are you still fighting against your Maker? Isaiah 45:9-10 gives two humorous illustrations. Imagine a pot on the potter’s wheel looking up and saying to the potter, “What do you...

Current in South Published September 14

Zionsville native reflects on ‘College GameDay’ experience

Connor Kacena-Merrell admitted he was nervous, but it didn’t show when he drilled a field goal on ESPN’s “College GameDay” Sept. 12 to win $1.2 million. The Zionsville native and University of Texas freshman was selected for the Pat McAfee’s Kicking is Easy contest, which…

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙