Illinois Morgan County Greater Jacksonville, IL

Waverly

News across Greater Jacksonville, IL

River County News Published 15 minutes ago

Let’s Cook!

I am always on the lookout for recipes for my air fryer and save them to try. The other night I had a pork chop thawed out, but it was too hot to grill or turn on the oven, so I tried this recipe for Best Darn Air Fryer Pork Chops. (actually the word was not…

River County News Published 38 minutes ago

RIDGE RUNNER CHRONICLES: The Elizabeth Holmes Trailer

The studio known as “A 24 Studio” recently released a trailer of an upcoming documentary film about Elizabeth Holmes, the controversial young woman who was convicted of fraud for her representations about her medical testing company, “Theranos.” She is now in prison serving an…

River County News Published 40 minutes ago

OUTDOOR TRUTHS: Influence

Deer season is here. A few states have already opened, and the others are just around the corner. I am not prepared for this. I mean really, I am not prepared. I have put off hanging stands and setting up blinds. And I only have a few cameras out. The good news is that over…

River County News Published 41 minutes ago

ROBIN WRITES: Date Night at the Drive-In

It was summer, Saturday night. After a quick meal, usually curbside at A&W, my date and I set off to the Grande Drive-In, a dozen miles away. It was up to me to set the mood for the drive. I could stay sitting near the window on the passenger’s side and rest my arm along…

River County News Published September 15

Baalman crowned as Miss Calhoun 2026

River County News Published September 15

Let’s Cook!

I really like ham, but I don’t need to buy a big ham just for me. So I frequently buy ham steaks. The other day I tried a new recipe for grilling the ham steak and I really enjoyed it. This recipe makes a sweet and savory ham, not not overly so. MARINATED HAM STEAK Makes…

River County News Published September 15

Point News

No Point News last week due to the Labor Day holiday and needing to get my news items in early, and I had no items to write at that time. Since then, we celebrated Labor Day weekend and later in the week the 25-year remembrance of the 9/11 terrorist attacks when nearly 3,000…

River County News Published September 15

Looking Back… News items from the past pages of the Calhoun News-Herald

100 years ago September 16, 1926 After a steady rise for the past two weeks, the Illinois River at Hardin has taken a downward course and is falling quite rapidly. It is said that the water in the Illinois River, during this season of the year, has never reached such a high stage…

River County News Published September 09

US, Canada trade war escalates

By TAMMIE SLOUP FarmWeek A breakdown in trade talks between the US and Canada prompted additional tariffs on billions of dollars of goods and the escalation of tension between the North American countries. President Donald Trump initially announced additional 50% tariffs on…

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙