Illinois Peoria County Greater Peoria

Timber Township

News across Peoria County

The Community Word Published 10 hours ago

Arts Alerts: Check out what’s going on in central Illinois

“Beat the Funk 2026” benefiting Bradley University’s Department of Physical Therapy is Oct. 3 at the Premier Event Center. Peoria Players performing Dracula, Corn Stock doing Glengarry Glen Ross; rock illusionist Leon Etienne working his magic at ICC; pluss check out local music…

The Community Word Published September 17

Inland Art: Activism

‘Art on the offense’ can be used to fight for your rights; it continues at the Contemporary Art Center 'I am but one — but I am one. I cannot do much, but I can do something, and all I can do, I ought to do, and by God’s grace, will do.” — John Angell James (1848) Read more →

The Community Word Published September 10

‘Every Picture Tells A Story’ rekindles past glory of Peoria music scene

Janie Grier Kelley has produced 236-page package of four booklets recounting decades of central Illinois rock ‘n’ roll, with more than 1,200 images of hundreds of artists and related people, places and things Read more →

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙