Illinois Kane County McHenry County Greater Chicago

Algonquin

News across Greater Chicago

WIMS Radio 1420 AM / 95.1 FM / 106.7 FM Published September 27

Evening lane closures to impact I-65 in White, Jasper Counties

WHITE & JASPER COUNTY, Ind. - The Indiana Department of Transportation announces intermittent evening lane closures on I-65 in both directions in White and Jasper Counties. Beginning on or after Wednesday evening, October 7, INDOT contractors will close one lane at a time on I-65…

Evanston RoundTable Published September 25

Alley and pedestrian crossing improvements to begin Sept. 28

As part of the 2026 Alley and Sidewalk Improvements Project, sewer and paving work is scheduled to begin next week in the alley north of Payne Street and east of Hartrey Avenue. Work will begin with storm sewer installation and is expected to take approximately four to six weeks,…

WIMS Radio 1420 AM / 95.1 FM / 106.7 FM Published September 23

Travel impacts on I-94 between S.R. 49 and U.S. 421

In Porter and La Porte counties, an INDOT contractor has ramp closures and overnight lane closures at I-94 and U.S. 421 starting today, September 23. In the current work zone between mile marker 29-34, westbound traffic has returned to the westbound side after being in…

Evanston RoundTable Published September 23

Residents push for stronger traffic-slowing measures along Asbury

A proposal to lower the speed limit on Asbury Avenue sparked a larger conversation about ways to slow traffic along the busy corridor and other city streets during Tuesday evening’s Ninth Ward meeting. A couple dozen residents gathered at the Prieto Community Center, which sits…

WIMS Radio 1420 AM / 95.1 FM / 106.7 FM Published September 22

Utility work to begin Sept. 23 in Portage

In Portage, Frontier will begin lane closures along the 6200 block of Central Avenue on Wednesday, September 23. Flaggers will be onsite directing traffic. The city did not specify an estimated end date. See the maps the city provided for details. (Images: Portage Indiana…

WIMS Radio 1420 AM / 95.1 FM / 106.7 FM Published September 20

Road Closure – Jensen Drive in Porter County

In Porter County, Jensen Drive will close between U.S. 20 and Daniel Burnham Drive under I-94 for one month starting on or after Tuesday, September 22 for bridge coating on I-94. The detour will follow U.S. 20, S.R. 249, Ameriplex Drive and Daniel Burnham Drive.

WIMS Radio 1420 AM / 95.1 FM / 106.7 FM Published September 19

I-65 will have lane and ramp closures between U.S. 30 and U.S. 231 next week

LAKE COUNTY, Ind. - The Indiana Department of Transportation announces lane and ramp closures on I-65 between U.S. 30 and U.S. 231. Rieth-Riley Construction Co Inc will close the right lane of northbound I-65 near U.S. 30 and the ramp from westbound U.S. 30 to northbound I-65 for…

Evanston RoundTable Published September 17

The Traffic Guy 2.0 hears … news of bird watching by canoe, sewers and sidewalks in rehab, and a mother’s reminder that speed still kills

… that our sidewalks could be fixed nine years sooner — that is, in 17 years instead of 26 — if the City Council can come up with an additional $150,000 every year. “Still absurd, but far, far better,” Murphy Monroe, said of the shorter timeline. Monroe chairs the city’s ADA…

Evanston RoundTable Published September 15

North Shore sewer rehabilitation project to resume on Sept. 16

Inliner Solutions has been hired by the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago (MWRD) to continue the North Shore Sewer Rehabilitation Project. The project aims to maintain and improve the MWRD sewers along Sheridan Road. Work began last summer and will resume…

WIMS Radio 1420 AM / 95.1 FM / 106.7 FM Published September 15

Overnight lane and ramp closures on I-80/94 later this week

LAKE COUNTY, Ind. – Overnight lane and ramp closures are scheduled late this week on I-80/94 between Kennedy Avenue and the I-65 interchange. Crews will remove overhead signage as part of ongoing fiber optic upgrades to support new digital gantries along the corridor. Drivers can…

Evanston RoundTable Published September 14

Guest essay: Evanston needs to speed up its plan to slow down drivers

While I was standing on the sidewalk with neighbors watching the recent lunar eclipse, a car raced down our narrow one-way residential street. Barely slowing at the stop sign at Madison Street and Elmwood Avenue, it sped past us as it neared Ridge Avenue, easily clocking 45 mph.…

WIMS Radio 1420 AM / 95.1 FM / 106.7 FM Published September 14

I-65 lane and ramp closures between U.S. 30 and U.S. 231

In Lake County, there are lane and ramp closures on I-65 between U.S. 30 and U.S. 231. A contractor has closed the right lane of northbound I-65 near U.S. 30 and the ramp from westbound U.S. 30 to northbound I-65 through approximately Friday for road repairs. The ramp detour is…

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙