News across Greater Miami
Coral Springs Museum of Art Opens Downtown Gallery With Picasso Exhibition
The Coral Springs Museum of Art will celebrate the opening of its new downtown gallery Oct. 9 with music, drinks and an exhibition featuring 57 original prints by Pablo Picasso.
Parkland Buddy Volunteer’s Book Embraces Neurodiversity, Empathy
Tips for handling anxiety, facts on neurodiversity and autism, and a friendship challenge are just a few of the puzzle pieces that fit together in the book created by Parkland Buddy Sports volunteer and Coral Springs Charter senior Sydney Leath.

6th place winner
“Beyond Measure” By Mary Pierce of Juno Beach “I’m going out for cigarettes,” Margie announced. “In this?” Gina glanced toward the window. “You’re crazy!” There was a foot of snow on the ground, with more in the forecast, but Margie didn’t care. “Actually, I prefer weather like…

Arsht Center Hispanic Heritage Programming Connects Miami Through Culture, Memory and Access
The Arsht Center is using Hispanic Heritage programming to connect Miami-Dade families through Cuban music, bilingual theater, Mexican traditions, cultural memory and expanded access to the arts.

The View From Home: ‘Hell’s Highway’ unearths the morbid history of the driver’s-ed shock doc
The scariest thing I saw on television as a child was an episode of the animated G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero in which seemingly solid characters melt into a purplish ooze. I learn now, on the interwebs, that the episode was a Twilight Zone-inspired two-parter called “There’s…

Getting to the bottom
In the world of collecting, I’m lucky. I know a little about a lot. Of course, that also means there’s a lot I don’t know, so that’s when I turn to experts. That’s where my friend Jimmy comes in. He has dealt in antiques and collectibles since he was a boy. In other words, he…

Delgado Leads Coral Springs Charter Marching Band Into New Season
Leah Delgado is passionate about music and loves leading the Coral Springs Charter marching band.

WATCH: Hy-Lo News Launches “305 On The Rise” to Amplify South Florida’s Next Generation of Artists
South Florida has never lacked talent. What its emerging artists often lack is consistent visibility, strong media support and an Continue Reading

Benise Celebrates 25 Years of Spanish Guitar and Dance Sept. 26
Spanish guitarist Benise will celebrate 25 years of music and dance with “Benise: 25 Years of Passion” on Saturday, Sept. 26, at 7:30 p.m. at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts.

‘Practical Magic 2’ Is An Unimaginative Sequel To An Older Movie
‘I’ ON CULTURE Unfortunately, Practical Magic 2 suffers from the fate of most sequels. Essentially, it just sort of comes at you, assuming you know the story from the previous movie, but then just goes nowhere. Add to that the fact that the original was made over a quarter of a…

‘Jonnie’ Screening And Q&A With Jonnie Jonckowski On Sept. 30
Jonnie Jonckowski is a Montana legend. She grew up with a passion for horses, natural athleticism and a relentless competitive drive. In her early 20s — just when her dream of becoming an Olympic pentathlete was within reach — she was permanently sidelined by a back injury. In…

The Garden
Coral Gables Garden Club member Susan Thomas shares her North Gables garden, a collection of orchids, begonias, exotics, and pollinator-friendly plants cultivated over decades.