Local News in Pinellas County

Community news from our local sources

Pinellas County

Pinellas County 389 storiesWiden to Tampa Bay

Weekly Challenger Published October 23

Harnessing the power of AI for good

By Dr. Kanika Tomalin | President and CEO, Foundation for a Healthy St. Petersburg The following column is based on remarks by Dr. Kanika Tomalin at September’s Spotlight Tampa Bay: How AI Can Strengthen Our Communities event. The last column I wrote in college, just about 30…

Weekly Challenger Published August 12

We’re all in the Projects now (OPINION)

By Geveryl Robinson | Contributor Many of us grew up with people assuming that all Black people at one point in their lives lived in “the projects.” Because racism and ignorance run rampant in our society, many still believe that most Black people grew up in poverty or were from…

Weekly Challenger Published July 08

Where is your outrage, Church? (OPINION)

GEVERYL ROBINSON | CONTRIBUTOR Each day, I sit and watch as more and more people are being oppressed in this nation. Day after day, I sit, I watch, and I wonder where the outrage from the church is. I wonder if the same “Christians,” who go to church every Sunday have ever opened…

St Pete Catalyst Published November 07

Partner Story: The Number One cause of boating accidents in Florida

Partner Stories, like this one, are promotional pieces sponsored by local businesses and organizations. Follow this link to learn more about writing your own Partner Story. The State of Florida passed the mark of one million registered recreational boaters in 2022, according to…

St Pete Catalyst Published March 28

Help helps: Solving the strategy deficiency

It seems all too often we find ourselves without the time and space for a good think. Amidst the hundreds of emails and the oppressive number of video calls and meetings, we struggle to include our individual work tasks into each day. So it goes without saying that finding time…

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙