Local News in Pinellas County

Community news from our local sources

Pinellas County

Pinellas County 154 storiesWiden to Tampa Bay

St Pete Catalyst Published July 16

Wild Space exhibit chronicles environmental degradation

On a kayak tour organized by Wild Space Gallery in late June, I glided over a stretch of the Chassahowitzka River, just past the Seven Sisters Springs. As I paddled by, I saw huge clumps of algae floating in the water. This used to be just a pristine, crystal clear spring. You…

That's So Tampa Published July 15

Summer (and fall) is for sewing classes with Sew Pinellas, the local analog star

After a successful July of sold out classes, and with August filling up quickly, Sew Pinellas is already looking ahead to its autumn offerings. The beloved St. Pete sewing studio, […]

I Love the Burg Published July 15

Summer (and fall) is for sewing classes with Sew Pinellas, the local analog star

After a successful July of sold out classes, and with August filling up quickly, Sew Pinellas is already looking ahead to its autumn offerings. The beloved St. Pete sewing studio, […]

I Love the Burg Published July 15

First of its kind pro wrestling-inspired contemporary art exhibition coming to St. Pete

While St. Pete is celebrated for its arts scene, the Tampa Bay region at large is widely known for something a little different: professional wrestling. A first-of-its-kind exhibition coming to […]

St Pete Catalyst Published July 15

Beatles Museum is almost ready for its St. Pete debut

The Penny Lane Beatles Museum will open in early August at 146 2nd Street N.

I Love the Burg Published July 14

Girls Rock St. Pete’s big summer concert is one of the best live events of the season

St. Pete’s most empowering summer concert is back, and this time it’s louder, prouder and grrrl-er than ever. Girls Rock St. Pete returns to Jannus Live (200 1st Ave. N.) […]

I Love the Burg Published July 14

The Woodson Museum celebrates grand reopening after $1 million renovation

The Woodson Museum in St. Petersburg has officially reopened its doors following a significant six-month, $1 million renovation project. This milestone marks a renewed vision for the institution as it […]

WMNF 88.5 Published July 14

SOTD 7/14/26: Scorsese’s Dream by Soft Cuff

The WMNF Song of the Day for Tuesday, July 14, 2026 is “Scorsese’s Dream” by Soft Cuff. Soft Cuff keeps getting better and better! They are an instrumental cinematic psych groove band from St. Pete. Melding the complementary talents of local mainstays Brian Schanck, Mike Tony,…

St Pete Catalyst Published July 13

Interview: Can it be Colin Hay from Men at Work?

Men at Work, with Toad the Wet Sprocket and Shonen Knife, play the BayCare Sound Saturday.

I Love the Burg Published July 13

The PAVA Cool Art Show brings 70 of Florida’s best artists to St. Pete

The 37th Annual Cool Art Show, presented by the Professional Association of Visual Artists (PAVA), is set to take over the historic St. Petersburg Coliseum on Saturday, July 18, from […]

St Pete Catalyst Published July 11

Talkin’ Lynyrd Skynyrd with Johnny Van Zant

"If my brother could come back and say a few words, he’d say 'I told you so.'"

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙