Florida Hernando County Tampa Bay

Nobleton

News across Hernando County

The Hernando Sun Published September 11

The Man Who Was Assassinated so 9/11 Could Happen

Two days before 9/11, a man was assassinated by Tunisian Arab documentary filmmakers who were secretly aligned with al-Qaeda. The filmmakers had waited over a month to meet with Ahmad […]

The Hernando Sun Published September 10

Military Leadership Portrays Calm During the Storm

By Scott Baldwin I remember exactly where I was at the exact time of the horrific attacks on the Twin Towers in New York City, as most adults do so […]

The Hernando Sun Published September 10

New York Looked Like A War Zone

By Charlotte Diaz I’ll never forget September 11, 2001. I was 18 years old and living on Long Island, New York. That morning, I woke up and turned on the […]

The Hernando Sun Published September 10

25 Years Later, Teacher Recalls How a Child’s Idea Turned Into a Lasting 9/11 Memorial

Friday marks a solemn milestone in American history: the 25th anniversary of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. For those who lived through that day, the memories remain remarkably vivid […]

The Hernando Sun Published September 05

The King Rises Again: Kenny Grube’s Comeback Tour

Three days after his 28th wedding anniversary, Kenneth “Kenny” Grube bolted awake, clutching his chest, terror evident on his face. His wife, Stephanie Grube, immediately sensed something was seriously wrong. […]

The Hernando Sun Published August 31

The Postscript: “Bright and Shiny”

My closet is full of sequins. No one knows how many sequins I own. Not even my husband, Peter, even though we share a closet. He gets one side and […]

The Hernando Sun Published August 31

Summertime Swine

Folks like to ask me what I’m hunting and this time of year, the answer is most often, hogs. Now, lots of folks will tell you that hunting hogs in […]

The Hernando Sun Published August 30

Tampa General Hospital (TGH) Leads Tampa Bay Region in Heart Care — and Brings That Expertise to Hernando County

Tampa General Hospital has been named the #1 hospital in the Tampa Bay region for the 11th year in a row by U.S. News & World Report. This year also […]

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙