Florida Palm Beach County Greater Miami

Jupiter

News across Palm Beach County

The Town-Crier Published October 02

Wellington Sci-Fi Author Helps Others See Invisible People

By Fiona Slusarev Would you notice if society’s most overlooked people began disappearing? How about if they returned, but they were somehow transformed? Who are you, if your memories were never actually yours? Wellington-based author Jeremy Luna, writing under the pen name…

The Town-Crier Published October 02

‘Daniel And The Fiery Furnace’ Is An Interesting Faith-Based Film

‘I’ ON CULTURE The movie Daniel and the Fiery Furnace is another one of the faith-based films that are now becoming more popular. It is a bit simplistic, but very strong in its depiction of faith. I have always been fascinated by that particular book of the Old Testament, the…

The Town-Crier Published October 02

Animal Rehab Institute And Farrier Andre Tufano Host The Renowned Yogi Sharp

In September, the Animal Rehab Institute, in conjunction with South Florida farrier Andre Tufano, hosted the legendary Yogi Sharp for a two-day seminar at the institute in Loxahatchee Groves. Sharp, a British farrier, researcher, educator and equine hoof-care specialist, is best…

The Town-Crier Published October 02

Wellington Piano Duo To Perform At Palm Beach Atlantic University On Oct. 10

Piano Duo Gastesi-Bezerra, comprised of longtime Wellington residents Estibaliz Gastesi and Márcio Bezerra, will be a feature of Palm Beach Atlantic University’s 16th Hispanic Heritage Festival on Saturday, Oct. 10 at 7:30 p.m. Envisioned and organized by Gastesi and Bezerra in…

Town of Jupiter News Published October 01

Event Announcement – Art Committee’s "It's Alive" Art Show

Palm Beach ArtsPaper Published October 01

‘Primetime’: Where the only reality is gotcha host’s warped psyche

Given Lance Oppenheim’s background in documentaries, one would be forgiven for expecting his new Chris Hansen biopic, Primetime, to hew to a naturalism akin to his usual form. It may be a starry feature film, but surely it will be grounded in an unimpeachable nonfiction…

Florida Weekly (Naples) Published September 27

6th place winner

“Beyond Measure” By Mary Pierce of Juno Beach “I’m going out for cigarettes,” Margie announced. “In this?” Gina glanced toward the window. “You’re crazy!” There was a foot of snow on the ground, with more in the forecast, but Margie didn’t care. “Actually, I prefer weather like…

Palm Beach ArtsPaper Published September 23

The View From Home: ‘Hell’s Highway’ unearths the morbid history of the driver’s-ed shock doc

The scariest thing I saw on television as a child was an episode of the animated G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero in which seemingly solid characters melt into a purplish ooze. I learn now, on the interwebs, that the episode was a Twilight Zone-inspired two-parter called “There’s…

Florida Weekly (Fort Myers) Published September 22

Getting to the bottom

In the world of collecting, I’m lucky. I know a little about a lot. Of course, that also means there’s a lot I don’t know, so that’s when I turn to experts. That’s where my friend Jimmy comes in. He has dealt in antiques and collectibles since he was a boy. In other words, he…

Hy-Lo News Published September 19

WATCH: Hy-Lo News Launches “305 On The Rise” to Amplify South Florida’s Next Generation of Artists

South Florida has never lacked talent. What its emerging artists often lack is consistent visibility, strong media support and an Continue Reading

The Town-Crier Published September 18

‘Practical Magic 2’ Is An Unimaginative Sequel To An Older Movie

‘I’ ON CULTURE Unfortunately, Practical Magic 2 suffers from the fate of most sequels. Essentially, it just sort of comes at you, assuming you know the story from the previous movie, but then just goes nowhere. Add to that the fact that the original was made over a quarter of a…

The Town-Crier Published September 17

‘Jonnie’ Screening And Q&A With Jonnie Jonckowski On Sept. 30

Jonnie Jonckowski is a Montana legend. She grew up with a passion for horses, natural athleticism and a relentless competitive drive. In her early 20s — just when her dream of becoming an Olympic pentathlete was within reach — she was permanently sidelined by a back injury. In…

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙