Connecticut Western Connecticut Region Greater Bridgeport

Pemberwick

News across Greater Bridgeport

Greenwich Free Press Published September 27

Talking Transportation: The Vernon Rumble Mumble Grumble

There may be a solution that warns wayward drivers without waking the neighbors from their slumber: not rumble strips but “mumble strips.” – Jim Cameron

Town of Trumbull Published September 26

Reporting Downed Trees, Powerlines and Power Outages

City of Norwalk, Connecticut Published September 26

Updates on This Weekend's Storm

Updates and resources on this weekend's storm.

Town of Trumbull Published September 25

9/25/26 Nor'easter

City of Norwalk, Connecticut Published September 24

CrisisTrack for Storm Damage

Guidance for how to report any damage from this past weekend's storm.

City of Norwalk, Connecticut Published September 24

Southern Baptist Disaster Relief for September 13 Storm

You can request relief through Southern Baptist Disaster Relief

Town of Trumbull Published September 23

2026 Leaf Pickup Program

The Fairfield Mirror Published September 23

“Adults” Understands Gen Z

I watch a lot of TV shows, and while I can usually be found with old episodes of “Grey’s Anatomy” running in the background, I’m always on the hunt for something fresh. Naturally, I’m easily influenced by social media, so when I kept seeing TikToks of the show “Adults,” which…

The Fairfield Mirror Published September 23

Modifications to Mail-In Ballots

With the 2026 midterm elections less than two months away, a debate over mail-in voting reached the Supreme Court last Monday. The Trump administration attempted to implement new federal requirements for mail-in ballots, less than two months before the election, while several…

The Fairfield Mirror Published September 23

Trump’s Dividend Checks Are Clearly a Bribe, But Nothing New

“Because we’ve done so well, and because our country is making so much money, […] if the Republicans win the House of Representatives and the Senate, […] I will issue a dividend to every adult citizen in the United States of America for $5,000.” Those were direct quotes from…

The Fairfield Mirror Published September 23

The Best Three Credits: Tropical Marine Biology

Two boats skimmed across the crystal clear blue water as they passed seagrass meadows and reefs of all sizes—two hallmarks belonging to the famous waters of the Bahamas. After passing several large schools of fish, flocks of birds and even a couple of turtles, the boat reached…

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙