News across Greater Bridgeport

Talking Transportation: The Vernon Rumble Mumble Grumble
There may be a solution that warns wayward drivers without waking the neighbors from their slumber: not rumble strips but “mumble strips.” – Jim Cameron

Reporting Downed Trees, Powerlines and Power Outages
Updates on This Weekend's Storm
Updates and resources on this weekend's storm.

9/25/26 Nor'easter
CrisisTrack for Storm Damage
Guidance for how to report any damage from this past weekend's storm.

Mayor Barbara Smyth and NPS Celebrate Completion of $36 Million in HVAC Improvemements
Southern Baptist Disaster Relief for September 13 Storm
You can request relief through Southern Baptist Disaster Relief

2026 Leaf Pickup Program

“Adults” Understands Gen Z
I watch a lot of TV shows, and while I can usually be found with old episodes of “Grey’s Anatomy” running in the background, I’m always on the hunt for something fresh. Naturally, I’m easily influenced by social media, so when I kept seeing TikToks of the show “Adults,” which…

Modifications to Mail-In Ballots
With the 2026 midterm elections less than two months away, a debate over mail-in voting reached the Supreme Court last Monday. The Trump administration attempted to implement new federal requirements for mail-in ballots, less than two months before the election, while several…

Trump’s Dividend Checks Are Clearly a Bribe, But Nothing New
“Because we’ve done so well, and because our country is making so much money, […] if the Republicans win the House of Representatives and the Senate, […] I will issue a dividend to every adult citizen in the United States of America for $5,000.” Those were direct quotes from…

The Best Three Credits: Tropical Marine Biology
Two boats skimmed across the crystal clear blue water as they passed seagrass meadows and reefs of all sizes—two hallmarks belonging to the famous waters of the Bahamas. After passing several large schools of fish, flocks of birds and even a couple of turtles, the boat reached…