Alabama Calhoun County Etowah County

Glencoe

News across Etowah County

Gadsden Messenger Published 7 hours ago

More alike than unalike

By Tabitha Bozeman During National Hispanic Heritage Month 2026, which takes place from Sept. 15 to Oct. 15, I have questions flooding my mind. Most importantly: Who are we? As humans, I mean? As members of this community? I have read so much literature through the years and so…

Gadsden Messenger Published September 25

Gadsden Hamfest draws amateur radio enthusiasts

By Caylie Moore, Features Editor On Saturday, Gadsden Amateur Radio Club hosted its 17th annual Hamfest at The Venue at Coosa Landing from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. The convention — which featured trade shows, flea markets, door prizes and licensing exams for current and future amateur…

Gadsden Messenger Published September 25

Local professional development conference aims to empower women in the workforce, highlights their achievements

By Caylie Moore, Features Editor On Sept. 17, the City of Gadsden and Regions Bank presented Advancing Women to the Top — an annual professional development conference hosted in partnership with the Etowah, Calhoun, Cherokee and Marshall County Chambers of Commerce — at The Venue…

Gadsden Messenger Published September 25

When the waters rose, Gadsden rose with us

By Craig Scott, Director of Gadsden Public Library In my last column, I shared the story of the devastating flood that struck the Gadsden Public Library on Aug. 31. I described the shock of walking into our beautiful library that Monday morning and finding much of the first floor…

Gadsden Messenger Published September 18

Riding for a better tomorrow: Discussing horse-facilitated therapy in Altoona

By Caylie Moore, Features Editor Amy McCormick knows from firsthand experience just how strong the healing power of horses is — and she has made it her life goal to ensure that everyone else gets to experience it, too. “My little girl Olive” — one of the many rescued horses on…

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙