Local News
Community news from our local sources
Greater Kennewick 8 storieswidest scope for this area

Boots in the Basin: Zine about it!
You have until September 30 to decide what you want to Blue Mountains Forest Plan to be!

Try something new
"So, ask yourself: What interests me? and find your Sacred Pillars of Truth to support pursuing those things."

Red State Blue Resources: A Super PAC that’s playing hardball
"I have no idea if these are going to be effective, but what I do know is that it needs to be done."

Trump nominates Pete Serrano for US attorney in western WA
OLYMPIA [Jerry Cornfield] — In an unexpected move, President Donald Trump on Monday nominated Pete Serrano, a former state attorney general candidate from Pasco, to be the next U.S. attorney for the Western District of Washington. Serrano now leads the federal prosecutor’s office…

John Duresky is “here to get shit done”
“I’m not a career politician. I’m someone who served this country for 37 years and can’t sit on the sidelines while working families are being left behind.”

Black-and-white thinking limits our ability to see the humanity in our neighbors.
"If we win every argument but lose the ability to live and work together, no one is really winning anything."

The Ape Canyon Incident
"In 1924, five miners emerged from the Mount St. Helens area with a winding tale to tell — culminating in a fight for their lives."
September 2026: Oh, you thought we were done?
We've only just begun to talk about zines!