Local News

Community news from our local sources

Greater Danville 5 storieswidest scope for this area

Cardinal News Published September 21

Headlines from across the state: Virginia confronts $1.7 billion shortfall in highway maintenance funding; more . . .

From elsewhere: Bedford County begins town halls on school closure options. Danville gives new contract to school superintendent. Richmond sees sharp rise in ICE flights.

Palatka Daily News Published September 18

Column: Remembering Rusty, the best I ever worked for

The introduction came under difficult circumstances. It was Monday, July 28, 2003. I was about to spend my 61st week in my parents’ home wondering if I was ever getting another job in the journalism business ever again. For the record, I had gone through job interviews in person…

City of Danville Published September 16

Know Your City - September 15, 2026 edition available

The latest edition of Know Your City is available now! The online edition and links to a printable copy are available at www.danvilleva.gov/KnowYourCity.

City of Danville Published September 09

Visitor Spending Reached $415.2M in SoSi in 2025

An unhandled error has occurred. Reload 🗙